This year could become only better than the past. And it was. Christiane has stabilised and looks again more optimistically into the future. This also means that from me a lot of load was taken away from m my shoulders. In fact that she still wasn’t able to regular work she moved with her girlfriend and their daughter for a few weeks to Sri Lanka to travel around and to recreate. I was still working in an unspectacular life. My brother in law is working as a civilian for the American army. Therefor he has to go often for exercises to the United States. One day he told me that he will combine the next exercise with a few weeks staying with his family. He invited me to join and so I took the chance to explore Florida. It was a wonderful time there spending the day and be a little part of the American way of life. When we had to wanted to check in to the return flight I find out that I have made a mistake in the takeoff day and fly back only one day later. So I sent them back to Germany and I had to decide how to spent the day. I deposit my bag at the airport hotel and went downtown Tampa and bought me a day ticket on the street car. Finally I stranded in Ybor City and it looked awesome. Thus I fancy a classical American town. Split in squares with wide streets and brick buildings, not higher than two floors. Finally I came to the Cuban quarter. There I stopped and bought me a handrolled cigar and swing to bar, listening some Cuban musicians. Not the worst way to spent the last day.
As always – some records I remember which was published this year:
- Michael Kiwanuka – Home again: Fantastic voice and great songs
- Flying Lotus – Until The Quiet Comes: Spectacular sounds
- Frank Ocean – Channel Orange: The new definition of R&B and Hip Hop
- The xx – Coexist: Another great record by The xx
- Django Django – same: New psychedelic art pop
- Mumford and Sons – Babel: Because my brother gave it to me
And these are some songs I remember as well:
This is what I saw, when I went to the movies:
- Django Unchained: Tarantino goes western
- Lincoln: A movie that shows how politics works
- Skyfall: Because Mr. Craig is the best Bond
- The Dark Knight Rises: Just a good popcorn movie
One thought on “40 Records In 40 Years (39/40 – 2012)”
Yes, yes, yes. Completely with you on Dexys!