The worries we made about what happened two years ago vanished in normal life. We used to live like nothing happened before and stored it in another file. So me and Christiane decided to take our next step an buy an apartment closer to the main city of our little town. We prepared everything for the move and the day before it should take place Christiane got a lighted appendix. So we had to do the move without her advices and finished it in time. Later this year we started for a longer trip to Thailand. Also a place I haven’t been before. We did it close to our trip to India and traveled the country from north to south in local buses or trains. This yourney might be the reason why I am so addicted to South East Asia. Not only the people that are most friendly and helpful it is also the scenery, vegetation and meals. And these countries makes it easy to me to recreate and load up my battery. What else do you need sometimes more than sitting with a cold beer and a lovely woman by your side at pretty beach watching the sundown?
Another year with very good records:
- Kings of Leon – Youth and Young Manhood: 4 brothers bring us back classic rock
- The White Stripes – Elephant: It’s the record I noticed them
- Belle & Sebastian – Dear Catastrophe Waitress: Another album with great songs
- The Rapture – Echoes: Dance punk at it’s best
- Calexico – Feast of Wire: Their next one on high level
- Ben Harper – Diamonds on the Inside: Fantastic songs
- The Raveonettes – Chain Gang of Love: Simply great
- Warren Zevon – The Wind: See my words below
- Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros – Streetcore: His legacy
- Sons and Daughters – Love the Cup: Superb Scottish music
- Mystic River: Great story and a fantastic Sean Penn
- Monster: Charlize Theron shows us the darkest sides
- Cold Mountain: Wonderful western according to the novel
- Love Actually: One of the every years christmas movies
- Bend it like Beckham: Nice story about women and football
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico: Classic drama
- Kill Bill 1.: The revenge of the bride
3 thoughts on “40 Records in 40 Years (30/40 – 2003)”
You've forgotten to post the tracks. Unles you have realised that Calexico's Feast of Wire is the greatest album of all time and it's not really sensible to post anything from that year unles it's Heast of Wire.
or Feast of Wire.
You're right George. I should have posted something from Feast of Wire. But I was afraid to name Calexico as the most impressive record of the year again. But I think I should honor this record in a post these days.
Have a good time.